The Parish Council consists of eleven elected Parish Councillors who serve for four years. They are volunteers and receive no payment. They make the decisions at the monthly Council meetings.
Finance Committee, Human Resources Committee
County Councillor, District Councillor
Finance Committee, Human Resources Committee, Events Committee
Human Resources Committee, Events Committee, Edwinstowe in Bloom Chair
Amenities Committee Chair, Human Resources Committee
Events Sub Committee, Human Resouces Commitee
Human Resources Committee, Events Committee
Our responsibilities include:
- Picking up the litter, keeping everywhere tidy and basic maintenance (you’ll see our staff and the van around the village every week).
- The childrens play areas and open spaces.
- The Cemetery.
- The Allotments.
- The Village Hall (which is looked after by a management committee). The Parish Office is in the Village Hall.
- The West Lane, East Lane and Village Hall car parks.
- The War Memorial.
- Providing dog waste bins.
- The public toilet on Mansfield Road.
- Some of the seats around the village.
- The Christmas lights.
- Organising events such as the Christmas lights switch on and the Remembrance Parade.
- Keeping the verges cut.
- Walking the footpaths and rights of way.
- Producing the village magazine – “Edwinstowe Village News!”.